Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Subtle Layout Changes
I've been investigating CSS-related programming techniques and have added tooltips to my site. Hover your mouse on the links in the right, and you will see what I mean. I've tried to add descriptions for each knight by getting text from each one's blogs. These descriptions are from your own blogs so don't go hating on me ok. If you wish to change them, just leave a message and I'll do the rest.

However, for some I couldn't find a word catchy enough so I left them blank. So if you find nothing appears from your name, please also leave a message (this is the second time I've said this, so hint, hint!!) indicating the phrase you want me to add.

Look guys, I would have liked to invent something for each and everyone, i.e. words like "Tempo the Slucker" (hehe), but the words doesn't come right now (Thats why I haven't been posting everyday. Is this the infamous writer's block I wonder). So if you can like, create your own descriptions (hint, hint!!), i would be most grateful. I really want to complete the tooltips.


Or maybe i should just use the nicknames?

Edit: People tell me it works on Firefox but doesn't work on IE? That sucks, but - So.. just get Firefox :)
 
posted by Nezha at 6:32 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker

    You do just everything to avoid chess study?

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Frank Sträter

    As you are using the CSS hover pseudo-class, it will not work in IE. If you are interested, I could email you a CSS/JS-workaround.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Nezha

    To fierabras
    yes please.. i want.. but js? will it work on blogger i wonder..

    to tempo:
    hehe, perceptive as usual..

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Frank Sträter

    Hmmmm...seems that I was mistaken. I thought it was the typical list-hover CSS problem (it's a:hover), but it isn't. It works in my IE7, although the style is a bit off. I agree with your original solution...just get Firefox!