Monday, December 25, 2006
A Present For Me
Recently I was looking at buying something for myself. I've been here in japan all alone for four months, working so hard(Stop that, don't snicker) , and I've been thinking of rewarding myself with a present (But I didn't want to buy no chess book, or any chess-related chess stuff for that matter). Since I was getting bored during train rides, i thought I'd listen to music to pass time. So I went into the yodobashi electronics store and...

The iPod, Bow down before it!

I've heard about how cool this little thing looks and how good it feels in your hands, but I never imagined it would be this cool. When I held it for the first time, I became really happy. I'm serious, not since I've bought my first car have I felt like this about a purchase. The curves, the smoothness, the lines, I was gushing all over.

However, I actually think its a little overpriced and all, so I attempted to buy the sansa instead. Only, I found myself constantly going back to the iPod displays. So what the heck! Just for once I'll be selfish and do something for me. It can't hurt to buy something I want every now and then right!? All I can say is, thank goodness I bought it. I think I made the right decision. Even now I'm smiling stupidly at myself (Apple, you can have my money and my thanks).

Happiness can truly be found in unexpected places and in simple things.

So go get yourself a present too ok (Preferably a non-chess one).

- Happy Holidays -


 
posted by Nezha at 6:37 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger funkyfantom

    What is your email? I have annotated our game ( I am turnipcake on FICS)and would like to send it to you. Perhaps you could enhance the annotations and send it back.