Thursday, January 04, 2007
What happened to me?
Just a few weeks ago, I was 1780 going to 1800 and now I'm 1720 and dropping fast. Wonder where my mojo went. U1500 players have even defeated me. Defeated? Me? It got so bad I honestly thought i wont be able to win another game anymore (Ten game losing streak can do that I guess).

It doesn't hurt so bad, not like before when i was really hooked on chess, but it still hurts. You know, I've been analyzing with Bahus and Practicing at CTS. But when I was losing I started questioning whether all the things I've done was in vain.

I feel like rocky. Old and washed up. Someone life beat over and over again. I'm slumped in the canvass bloody and writhing in pain. I need to stand up, Stand up boy! Stand up!

I really hope I defeat some 1700 player soon. At this point, even a 1600 player will do :) - Otherwise I'd get a gun, point it at my temple and.. return the gun to the closet.. har de harhar!! I wont kill myself for a game you know. I'm not as crazy as that..

But its not a good start for the year (Chess wise)







 
posted by Nezha at 6:06 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker

    Start playing cc. I have scored 54+ 4= 3- against low rated players.
    Good for your confidence!

     
  • At 1:35 AM, Blogger katar

    the gun thing is nothing to joke about, but glad things are going well in Quadrant 13.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger funkyfantom

    Just remember- it's only a freaking game. Make sure that you are having fun, and have a calm relaxed alert mind before sitting down to play.

    Don't play if you are anxious, tired or sick.

    Enjoy winning, but enjoy your losses, too, as an opportunity to learn something. The grandmasters always say that you learn more from your losses than your wins.

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger BlunderProne

    I went through a slump recently. Dropped 100 rating points... and was losing to people I once had no problems prior. Man! this game can really make you ask yourself "WHY".

    But dust yourself off, like I did. Get back on the horse and continue the journey Knight. I did, and I realized i like the journey. I stopped focusing on the destination. The jouney will take us into valleys we never expected. But then it will also take us to beautiful vistas with breathtaking beauty. Sometimes we are on a flat path... it is those time we need to watch out for the branches;)