Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Hello, And by the way - I did it!!!!
Hello y'all

Just stopping by to say hello.

I will go to japan on Sept 2, to live there for a very long time (permanently?).
I know2x, weve been through this before, but this time its "for keeps". The last time, I wasnt really ready for such a commitment, to let go of the surroundings that I had grown accustomed to, etc. (Plus, i will essentially cut short a "promising" career to go back again to being a low-level grunt programmer.)

But when I stopped doing chess (and after awhile the guitar) I needed to fill all
those time gained with something else. Out of boredom, I decided to program again, discover linux, php, javascript, css, html, etc.. -the whole gardarn web-related whatchamacalit. In the process I discovered why I took computer engineering in the first place - All those things that used to interest me before I got promoted to "middle management", the things that compelled me to stay at 2am in the morning deperately coding in C, trying to create my own IDE, trying one more hack before I passed out. All of them came back. Almost like seeing old hulk hogan videos and remembering why you liked him in the first place. (Is it just me or does anyone else get uncomfortable when they see the Hulkster at WWE. I am all for letting a man make a living, but wrestling? at his age? Thats just being cruel.)

You see, i wanted to be this uber-hacker. I never wanted to be Dilbert's pointy haired boss. But in the course of life, that is exactly who I became. Its good I
realize this now and so, I decided to bite the bullet and go to japan to start anew. Plus - its japan. The number 2 economy in the world. Going from 1076th to 2nd? No contest. (You have to live here to understand this sentiment, the closest analogy I can think of is Britney Spears before and after she got married)

Anyway, thats my story and I'm sticking to it.. =>

sore de wa, mata aimasho ne.. or should I say Qh7#?

Haha, I bet nobody laughed at that pathetic excuse for a joke. Good to see I've not lost my form!
 
posted by Nezha at 10:48 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments: