Thursday, September 01, 2005
Torn
Before I became a chess addict, I was a really, really serious guitar student(Classical). While I am not the fastest nor the most musically gifted player in the world, I was at a level where I can enjoy playing, for myself and for others. But chess came, and little by litle, my attention shifted. I used to practice for three hours. It gradually became two, then one, then nothing at all as chess demanded more and more of my time. I never minded as I was having a good time playing, but recently I had been longing to pick the guitar again. It sits there in the corner tempting me. "Traitor" it says, but then adds "Pick me again and all is forgiven. You remember the key of E? Yes, I know you do. You always liked playing in the key of E. Play me and see her again. Pleaseee??". How can anyone say no to that? and recently I have been catching myself playing air guitar too.. The only thing stopping me is the knowledge that I havent accomplished everything that I wanted chess-wise. Never did liked quitting.

But my guitar just seems so lonely out there...
 
posted by Nezha at 3:13 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger CelticDeath

    I can understand! I've taken a semi-forced break from chess for about a month, and I actually think it's been good for my game. I think it gave my mind time to assimilate all the new-found knowledge. Take a break and come back to it when you're ready!

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker

    You found an unsolvable problem!
    When you pick up your guitar, you will find your chessboard screaming.