Thursday, August 25, 2005
Too Busy
Sorry folks. I am too busy right now to post anything intelligible. Work has been really, really hard this past few days (or is it weeks now? I cant remember anymore). It would take too long to explain what I'm doing but all I can say is, you do not want to have a NULL pointer running loose in your programs. Ever! Because if you ever encounter one, all you can do is pray hard, and stare at a kitchen knife thinking about other "options".
 
posted by Nezha at 12:46 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Or. . .you could just write the danged program in Java and throw the C++ version in the trash can and not ever to have to worry about pointers again!

    [big grin]

    Good luck.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Nezha

    yeah, I would like to do that.. unfortunately, I develop in imbedded systems. Really hardcore, near machine language like stuff. So its really a "pure" c language environment, in that you even have to monitor your memory usage yourself.. I really long to work in a not so primeaval manner.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger JavaManIssa

    Good point jim ;)

    hope you find the bug Nezha!

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight

    What I hated most about C was trying to do image processing on stacks of images. I would end up with pointers to pointers to pointers to pointers (****img_stack). What a pain in the butt!

    I now count myself lucky to do all my coding in Matlab, the lazy man's interpreted language! I keep track of nothing. Though every now and then I do get an "out of memory" error, to which I respond, "Memory, what's that, and why is it insinuating itself into my coding?!"

    My wife is presently learning Java. At first I tried to convince her to learn C first, but then I realized b/c she just wants to learn to make some Java scripts, there is no reason to go through C hell first.