Friday, October 23, 2009
Totally addicted to puzzles
Well, I'm now addicted to solving tactical puzzles on chesstempo. In fact, I prefer doing that to playing standard chess games. Its been weeks since I last logged onto FICS..

Perhaps this is why I will never be a tournament player. I just don't have that drive to play over and over again.

(Its not like pizza. I could never stop eating pizza. I go crazy if a three days go by and I taste not a whip of my delicious triangular addiction.)

But playing chess games is something like a fad. It goes in and out of style.

Anyway, its good that whats distracting me right now is somewhat chess-related. The last time, the guitar called, and before that I wanted to learn java. But this time, I find that solving tactical puzzles can be quite relaxing. Maybe its because I don't have a time-table where I want to finish x-amount of puzzles in y-amount of time. I just go with the flow.

Anyway, I'm hovering at 1700 on chesstempo. My goal is to take that to 1800 at least or even 1900. This way, if I play another game again, Ill be so good tactically that it would be almost like never stopping to play at all.

But now, what to do about 'My System'..

hmmm.. a very good question.. a very good question indeed..
 
posted by Nezha at 7:13 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger rockyrook

    I totally agree. I spend more time at chesstempo than I do logged on at FICS.

    I never thought I'd love doing tactics as much as I do now.

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Tommyg

    I love chesstempo! I am doing almost nothing but tactics right now along with some endgames. I still enjoy playing but time does not permit this. I still think my favorite chess activity is to play through a good games collection with a nice cup of coffee!

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger From the patzer

    Its notable that you guys are online chess players, otb players enjoy playing every minute they can. I guess playing online still makes one feel lonely while otb play has a nice, enjoyable, social aspect that one misses when being an online player.