Sunday, July 26, 2009
Attack on the uncastled king
I've read the AA book before, and just like the few chess books I've read back then, I finished it and promptly forgot what I just read. I think the problem may have been, I got lost in all the shiny combinations that I didn't bother to get the point of the story.

Anyway, In an effort to better study this time the next few succeeding posts will be all about my thoughts regarding what I'm "learning" from the book.

Part I. Attack on the uncastled king from the open E-file

- At the start of the game, the uncastled king is potentially vulnerable to two weaknesses. The square F7(or F2) and the E-file.

Funny how I never paid attention to this rather important detail before. The point is, this fact neatly suggests a plan on how to set the tactics up.

- The pre-requisite for the attack is
1. The king, due to one reason or another is unable to move or castle away from the attack.
2. The attacker should be able to open the e-file
3. The attacker should be able to control the e-file. Preferably with a rook or a queen.

Just three simple things. Without which would mean undertaking a frontal assault to be the height of foolishness.

...

Note: hmm.. I forgot where the online chess database is, otherwise I would link the games given in the book.

Ill go and seek for it later. Maybe I can understand more of this by adding diagrams and discussing the position with myself ..

To be continued..
 
posted by Nezha at 5:18 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: