Friday, March 23, 2007
Interview with Nezha
Continuing my post about my efforts to be accepted to a management position I know nothing about:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know the old saying- if something looks like a duck, walks like a duck and speaks like a duck, then its probably a duck? Let me put it in other words: if something looks like a manager, walks like a manager and speaks like a manager, then its probably a manager.

So - Two days ago I bought an 8,000yen suit and a 1,000yen necktie. I really don't have spare money, but I wanted the job so bad, I was willing to spare no expense for it.

So there I was yesterday with my new suit (I must say, I looked so handsome in that suit.. =>), and my resume walking around in Shinjuku. I was so nervous I arrived at 6:30pm one full hour before the appointed time. I decided to walk around to kill time, but I couldn't take it anymore so I just walked into the Microsoft lobby and asked the receptionist about my appointment.

Finally, after what felt like a long time, this very pretty Chinese girl walked up to me and said "I'm sorry to have kept you waiting". Stunned is the closest word I could think of to describe her. I probably shouldn't be talking like this about someone who probably would be my manager but gosh... she must've been a quite the head turner when she was younger..

So the interview was on and I was like, doing my best Jerry McGuire impression... for example she would say "Thank you for coming here" and I would answer "no, thank you for giving me this opportunity". Things like that.. Over the top, American Idol level performance .. You should have seen me.. I was practically pounding the table during the interview.. Mom would be proud..

I mean, she asked me about myself right? and basically I told her I'm heavens gift to mankind. No kidding. I figured this is no time to be modest. So I told her how I single handedly earned millions for my previous company, handled this super complicated mobile development project, earned every ones trust and adulation, can speak Japanese better than a Japanese, and was generally the most intelligent, capable, handsome engineer that ever existed on the entire planet.. and btw, did she notice my expensive suit?

After repeated statements to that effect, when the meeting was finally about to end, I lurched forward the table to shake her hands and say thank you2x for talking to me...

Of course I didn't shook her hand just because I wanted to touch it.. no, nothing like that.. :) Have I told you she was pretty? Oh, yeah thats right.. I did..

(Btw: the interview took about 40-60min. Is that good or bad? I kept thinking it should have been longer. But some of the things I was planning on saying went missing... )

Anyway, here I am awaiting the result of the interview.. Man, its killing me.. if I don't pass that, I'll be crushed. I can't imagine that the most intelligent, capable, handsome engineer that ever existed on the entire planet can be turned down for the job.

(Not to mention being stuck with an expensive suit - all dressed up with nowhere to go)

So please, please... I hope she believed me when I told her:

I'm the man! I'm the man!!
 
posted by Nezha at 1:52 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger BlunderProne

    Konichiwa (SP?) Mr. Nez. Even in my mid career crisis, I have been interviewing again. I approach each one as a means to gain experience and confidence for teh next one. I am still searchning for my dream job but in the meantime I have one that pays the bills. Good luck... approach it like your chess. Plan your move and develop your skills like you would your pieces.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger takchess

    hope you are doing well. J'adoube just did a video on his blog of a nehz game might be of interest to you.

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Good Luck man :)

    http://theriseandshinegoodknight.blogspot.com/