Sunday, March 04, 2007
Career
"Two roads diverged on a wood and I,
I took the road less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference"

Remember my post about my career problem? We'll things are heading to a critical moment. This past week I've been applying for a job unbeknown to anyone. Today, I got an answer. Its only an interview, but I have no doubt I will ace that. Call it a chess players "Intuition".

However, I'm really still not decided. I'm sure the money will be larger than my current job. But the thing is - I really, really want to go home. Can't you see? I'm living a life of quiet desperation. However, if I were to remove my emotions regarding the matter, the one thing I wont say no to is more money. I mean money don't grow on trees. I could walk from Tokyo to Yokohama, and I won't find money on the street. It was only yesterday when I didn't have no car, no house, no nothing. I know full well the value of being financially well off. Believe me, if you had ever wanted to buy something so much and you just couldn't, you tend to view having money differently.

Besides I have children of my own now, and I think perhaps I should lay a more stable financial foundation for them. After all there are no guarantees I will be able to earn this much later on. I mean, I've talked to my boss and he said he was gonna give me a raise - but if I can have it now why should I wait? After all, thats just talk right now. I want the money in the bank.

But oh - how I wish I could go home.

Ah the agony.
 
posted by Nezha at 5:38 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: