Thursday, January 25, 2007
Tempo Is Brilliant!!!!
You know sometimes you hear a joke and people around you is laughing so you went along and laughed too. Only you didn't get the joke. You were like "Huh!?". Then a few years has passed, and in the middle of a meeting you suddenly laughed out loud. People is looking at you, but you don't mind because you "got" it. "They're eating grass you see, They're eating grass.. Ahahaha".

This is what I felt a few days ago. You know how I read books on positional play? I read lots of books: "Art of positional play", "Planning and Judgement". My favorite was "simple chess" is also about positional play. To top it all I've even memorized this quote below:

The most important single feature of a chess position is the activity of the pieces. This is absolutely fundamental in all phases of the game (opening, middle and especially endgame)
- Michael Stean (Simple Chess)

Why am I telling you this? Because I've been thinking about something that tempo blogged recently.

Piece activity is the ultimate positional goal in chess - Temposchlucker

You know what? I was watching television when it struck me from out of the blue. "Wait the minute - Piece activity is the ultimate positional goal in chess".

Suddenly, the things I had studied seemed to be clear. Its like the time when I proved to myself that "Scales are the foundation of music". Piece activity, It is the ultimate positional goal in chess.

Its so clear, so clear:

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

"They're eating grass you see, They're eating grass.. "

Temposchlucker, you're the man!!





 
posted by Nezha at 6:22 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger takchess

    Checkmating is the ultimate Tactical Goal in Chess.

    Jim Takchess 8)

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Furrbrain

    Now we just have to figure out what piece activity really is! ;)