Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Kramnik "17 move draws" Sissy Girl Boo!!!!
DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU'RE A FAN OF KRAMNIK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm watching Corus everyday, and all I can say is that I'm very disappointed by the play of some GM's. And by that I mean Kramnik "17 move draws" Sissy Girl Boo!!!! if the title of the post isn't any more clearer.

I'm reading the comments on Mig's chess ninja post and the following comment sums up the "defense" of Kramnik "17 move draws" Sissy Girl Boo!!!!

"Arises from a fundamentally different approach to the game. Kramnik believes, like many GMs and particularly many of the Russian school, in playing correctly, in seeking the truth. "

Huh!? - 17 move draws is the result of seeking the truth? Haha, the only thing I can say is its still a girlie thing to do.. Haha... Truth in the position my ass.. The only thing that matters is
  • a.) Did you win
  • b.) If not, then did you at least try your best?
and I tell you son, 17 move draws answers this two questions quite nicely thank you.

Having a love of the game means giving it your best shot. Having a love for the game means never taking games off because you felt like it - because your playing a game you love and when your doing something you love, that should be the time you feel most alive.

And what would you feel if a man walks to you wanting to marry your daughter, then hear him start talking about painting and art and sensitivity? - Me, I'll kick him into a quivering pile of goo and forbid him from ever seeing my daughter again. Crazy..

So quick somebody tell Kramnik to watch Clint Eastwood movies, Rocky Movies, Braveheart, Rob Roy McGregor, Michael Jordan, heck even Shirov. Maybe that'll put some fire in his belly.

All these talk about painter only paints and the truth about the position.

In the end its still "17 move draws" Sissy Girl Boo!!!!






 
posted by Nezha at 7:31 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger rockyrook

    I really enjoy reading your blog.

    This post was simply excellent. It reminded me of the time Micky told Rocky that he'd eat lightening and crap thunder when he was trying to fire him up. I wish that some of the GM's would have that attitude ... Kramnik especially needs an attitude adjustment.

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Frank Sträter

    O darn, I am a Kramnik fan and I read the post. I liked the way he beat Anand, but Kramnik is economising again. Kramnik's approach is 'do not lose', so I guess he is not interested in winning tournaments. The draws against Svidler and Motylev were to be expected, because there are all friends (the Russians always play as a team). I would definitely want to see more of Kramnik's vintage style, so I agree with the fury.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight

    Unfortunately, his boring style is perfectly suited to winning many-game matches against individual players. He won't win lots of tournaments, though.

    A good argument for the tournament system of picking the world champion, in my opinion. It rewards those who try to win.