Monday, June 13, 2005
Circle 6 is complete

Hah! Hah!


At long last I have completed cicle 6. Due to work obligations, it got delayed really bad. But slowly, I got there. Now onwards to circle 7. The halls of Valhalla becons.

Lo there do I see my father
Lo there do I see my mother and my brothers and my sisters
Lo there do I see the lines of my people back from the beginning
They bid me come take my place before them
In the halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pattern Recognition In Action
Here is a game wherein my newly found pattern recognition powers are used. I have annotations within the game, but the viewer is slightly bad. But I think you can still follow what I am trying to say. But just in case - the critical moments are:

Moves
17...Be6 - He wants to take my c-pawn. When I visualized the position after he takes, I suddenly found a tactical pattern jumping at me. The experience was very, very cool.
18.Qg3 - The trap is set.
20... Qg6 - He should have played Rxd1 here. Then he will have two rooks for the queen. fortunately he didnt saw that defense
22. Qh4 - The point of the combination. The pattern I saw in my mind way back on move 17. I never thought I can see positions like this before it actually happens.
26. Qd7 - Another pattern moment, I saw the mate here. Game over, though he doesnt know it yet.

This game re-awoke my passion for the circles. It really works. I mean I know it works, but to know it does, and to see it happening to me, are two different things.
Now, if only I can play like this all the time =>



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Harmless:
What time are you available, worst case, I will take a leave from work so we can play. Or how about this saturday - FICS server time 19:30-20:00? or you can tell me what time you are usually logged-on and I will try to "ambush" you there.
 
posted by Nezha at 6:54 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Calvin

    just wondering, when I played through your game, the wrong annotations and moves appeared on certain moves. This is probably the glitch you mentioned but just wanted to mention it.

    GK

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei

    Congrats! One more to go!

    PS

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Christian

    The Doors of Fame are wide open. We are waiting. Hope to welcome you soon!

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker

    Great combinations!
    I have always a little difficulty too (as your opponent) in spotting double attacks when they are played against me.
    What you will see on a certain moment is not that you are playing better (because you always see the flaws in your own game)but that your opponents start to play worse. You made your opponent look dumb here.

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger Temposchlucker

    BTW, this game will put some psychological pressure on Harmless. Clever!

     
  • At 2:50 AM, Blogger Nezha

    > BTW, this game will put some psychological pressure on Harmless. Clever!

    Nah - our score is about 4-1 to his advantage. It would be very hard to win the next game against him mehinks.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight

    Holy smokes, our Circle of Victory is quickly growing in radius! How long before the victory list is longer than the list of Knights in Training?

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Margriet

    Nice Game! You completely overplayed him!

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger King of the Spill

    Nice one. I call that "seeing what isn't there"!

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Blogger JavaManIssa

    That's a work of Nezhmetdinov!