Sunday, May 08, 2005
Sidetracked
I got sidetracked the past three days. I became too busy reading my new books that I hardly had time for the circles (I was down to 30min per day). But studying simple chess is too addicting I can't stop. Maybe its because I had been doing the exercises for the past 5 months that doing something different suddenly felt very good. anyway, I am at problem 450 now, so I think I can complete level 4 within next week.

A Win
At last I won again at FICS playing a higher rater opponent. He was only 1750, and I was down to 2 minutes, but at least the losing streak is over. I won due a combination of tactics, and manuevers vs weak pawns, so I can definitely say that my play is improving. Both tactically and positionally. I mean, at least I don't get shredded like before. It would be interesing to know how much I have progressed once I finished the circles (and by extension, the simple chess book).

p.s. Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Talim. Hope he does well with the exercises
 
posted by Nezha at 11:47 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Thanks for the welcome.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Christian

    Congrats to your win! And yes, I am addicted, too.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger CelticDeath

    I find that I go through cycles of winning and losing. I've also wondered if the losing accompanies new learning that I am trying to incorporate (subconsciously or consciously) into my games.